[arch-general] Fwd: glibc flagged out-of-date

Giancarlo Razzolini grazzolini at archlinux.org
Mon Nov 15 20:46:29 UTC 2021

Em novembro 13, 2021 18:56 Fabiano Furtado Pessoa Coelho via arch-general escreveu:
> Hi....
>
> Why is Arch Linux core repository still using glibc version 2.33? Why
> not upgrade the core repository to version 2.34, since it was flagged
> out-of-date on 2021-08-02?
>
> Thanks.

Mostly time. Toolchain updates are very time consuming, even using the build server
Arch has. I got some help recently and I'm working to finish the update soon, as well
as I'm trying to lay a better foundation for future updates.

Updating the toolchain is sometimes a trial and error process, with the added issue that
it takes hours between your error and you noticing that error. I got some emails regarding
this and I wish to thank everyone that asked me directly regarding this.

Regards,
Giancarlo Razzolini