[arch-mirrors] [Announcement] Restructuring the arch-mirrors list

Carsten Otto otto at informatik.rwth-aachen.de
Thu Feb 4 21:20:15 UTC 2016

On Wed, Feb 03, 2016 at 08:39:32PM +0100, Florian Pritz wrote:
> As for the mirror-admin-to-AL-admin case I think it's probably best if
> I publish the direct admin email I gave you. I'm unsure as to why you
> think this is mixed with the discussion list. The discussion list is
> really just intended for discussion where the sender wants outside
> opinions, not for mail that is only meant for Arch Linux staff. I'm
> not sure if anyone else is really interested in such discussion though
> or if all traffic should be directly with the mirro. Feedback welcome!
>
> Does this mail address your concerns? I'm unsure if I have understood
> everything correctly.

Mostly, thanks for that. The mirrors@ address really helps. The only
missing aspect:

I rarely want to reach out to AL users. But I often (by comparison,
which still is very rare) need to get into touch with project admins in
case the upstream rsync server fails, some IP needs to be whitelisted,
or our contact information changes. This simple use case doesn't really
fit into any of the mailing lists you mentioned, but the mirrors@ is a
good approach.

Bye,
Carsten