[arch-multilib] wine x86_64 crash

Thomas Bächler thomas at archlinux.org
Sun Sep 5 06:37:26 EDT 2010

Am 03.09.2010 11:52, schrieb Harvey:
> Hi Folks,
>
> i have a weird problem with wine-multilib:
> I have wine crashes with certain applications, other applications work.
> Nothing unusual, I know. But: in a pure 32-bit arch installed in a
> separate partition on the same machine the same applications is working.
> Both have wine 1.3.1 and I started with a clean ~/.wine directory.

Is this still an issue with wine 1.3.2?

This might be a compiler problem. You can try to build wine 32 bit with
-march=i686 instead of -march=x86-64 by overriding CFLAGS in the
PKGBUILD and see if it helps.

Sadly, gcc 4.5 has some optimization problems that seem to be triggered
by building 32 bit binaries with optimizations for x86-64 CPUs. See the
recent zlib discussions for details.