[arch-multilib] Newbie Mailinglist Question

Heiko Baums lists at baums-on-web.de
Sun Sep 5 09:24:51 EDT 2010

Am Sun, 05 Sep 2010 20:42:00 +0800
schrieb Ng Oon-Ee <ngoonee at gmail.com>:

> If you use 'reply' instead of 'reply-to-list' doesn't the list header
> get deleted from your mail? That messes up the reply settings in some
> clients (thunderbird and evolution).

I don't know what Thunderbird is doing, because I'm not using it, but
with every other e-mail client I know 'reply' is working the way it is
supposed to, means the e-mails are sent to the mailing list and only to
the mailing list.

I mainly used kmail in the past and am currently using claws-mail, and
I always answer to mailing lists with the 'reply' button. Just look at
the headers of my e-mails in the mailing lists. I think they aren't
messed up.

So if the 'reply' button doesn't work correctly in Thunderbird I'd
suggest filing a bug report to Mozilla upstream.

Heiko