[arch-ports] Arch32 mirror size

Tyzoid D tyzoid.d at gmail.com
Thu Jun 8 13:19:08 UTC 2017

I was performing some server maintaince earlier, and I was shocked to find
the size of the 32bit repo was riviling that of the mainline repo,
containing both 32bit and 64bit packages. I had thought that the mirror
would be about half the size, given that there are about half as many
packages:

tyler at cdn:/var/www$ du -sh 32.arlm.tyzoid.com arlm.tyzoid.com
54G    32.arlm.tyzoid.com
58G    arlm.tyzoid.com

tyler at cdn:/var/www/32.arlm.tyzoid.com$ find . -name '*.sig' | wc -l
14026

tyler at cdn:/var/www/arlm.tyzoid.com$ find . -name '*.sig' | wc -l
34090

While not a huge deal, I am a bit surprised by this amount of disk space
used by packages.

Just to confirm:
tyler at cdn:/var/www/32.arlm.tyzoid.com/web$ du -sh *
2.7G    archisos
51G    i686
856K    irc-logs

Anyone have any ideas what might be going on here? Is this to be expected?
or is this an oversight/bug?

Thanks,
Tyler