[arch-proaudio] Audio packages moved from AUR to community

SpotlightKid aur at chrisarndt.de
Sat Jul 28 22:24:02 UTC 2018

Am 29.07.2018 um 00:00 schrieb bill-auger:
> if or when the previous AUR packager is credited in an official package, it is probably purely a courtesy [...] it seems like the OP is assuming that something was done improperly

No, I didn't mean that.

> On Sat, 28 Jul 2018 23:13:59 +0200 SpotlightKid wrote:
>> when you move packages from AUR to community and use my PKGBUILD
>> files as a basis, I would appreciate it, if you acknowledged my work
                     ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I may be wrong here, since English ist not my native language, but to me
this means, that I would consider it a courtesy, I don't see it as
obligatory.

Concerning which packages I'm referring too, David has moved a couple of
packages I was maintaining in AUR to community recently (e.g. very
recently python-jack-client, python-zita-jacktools,
python-zita-audiotools and zita-(j)client), and when I looked at his
PKGBUILDs and mine, in some cases I thought that the former must have
been based at least partially on the later. I might be wrong, but
without attribution within the files, I can only make a best guess,
since there is obviously no repo history to look at when moving packages
out of the AUR.

I don't say David copied whole files verbatim, if anything, he improved
some packages.

Chris