[arch-projects] [netcfg] Call for testers: netctl

Thomas Bächler thomas at archlinux.org
Fri Feb 1 10:50:03 EST 2013

Am 01.02.2013 16:43, schrieb Jouke Witteveen:
> If you look at the old ppp code, you see that it doesn't need netctl
> at all. It is easy to write your own systemd unit that does everything
> netctl would do.

Yes, but a future 3g profile, which is really really needed, would work
without interfaces. You would only specify either a TTY (or optionally a
bluetooth BDID and port for rfcomm) and some options like the APN, and
it would establish a connection. I never got motivated enough to write
that, sadly.

> As far as uncommon connections go, I still don't have any feedback on
> connection types other than ethernet and wireless.

I could probably test PPPoE and bridge, when I finally get to break my
computers again.