[arch-releng] Dep cycles in core and 2009.01

Dieter Plaetinck dieter at plaetinck.be
Fri Jan 30 10:55:55 EST 2009

On Fri, 30 Jan 2009 09:23:56 -0600
Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 5:05 AM, Pierre Schmitz <pierre at archlinux.de>
> wrote:
> > Am Donnerstag 29 Januar 2009 20:24:28 schrieb Aaron Griffin:
> >> If all goes as planned, the
> >> same beta3 images will be used for release.
> >
> > So, its more an RC then. :-) Maybe you could even move it straigt
> > to the ftp dir with its final name and if nothing goes wrong we can
> > just announce it on Monday. This way it will be already synced by
> > the mirrors.
>
> Well, the only thing I realized is that the core ISOs don't have the 4
> packages I just moved on them. Signoffs took too long. So at the very
> least the core ISOs will need to be rebuilt.
>
> beta3 ISOs are uploading now (my little script I ran last night failed
> at the upload step, had to upload this morning). x86_64 still
> building, will be uploaded as they complete

Fwiw, i just finished a test..
1) archlinux-2009.01-beta3-core-i686-isolinux.iso
2) packages from core on cd
3) virtualbox-ose 32bit
4) grub
5) autoprepare with ext4 for / and /home

Install succeeded, but I had the following non-critical issues:
(for some people the archiso-early one might be critical)

1) archiso-early problem: http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/13049
2) texinfo and bash packages, when being installed give "scriptlet
failed to execute successfully"
3) dependcy cycle: bash/readline/ncurses will be installed before
their glibc dependency.
4) nextitem bug still there. http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/12947
5) 2 lines are being echoed to stdout in grub section.
http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/13050

Oh and btw: my fever is almost entirely gone now :))