[arch-releng] Assisting Chriss or adopting his CD as a separait project for Arch blind Users

Dieter Plaetinck dieter at plaetinck.be
Tue Sep 8 15:03:44 EDT 2009

On Tue, 08 Sep 2009 13:07:16 -0500
Chris Brannon <cmbrannon79 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Aaron Griffin wrote:
> > Seconding what Dieter said here - this is more-or-less the first I've
> > heard of this. When we originally started discussing the release
> > engineering stuff, Chris and I discussed this topic a bit, but our
> > communication seemed to drop off.
>
> Sorry about that.  I disappeared for a while around that time (due to a death
> in the family).  Anyway, I've continued producing unofficial snapshots
> of the netinstall ISO since then.  Here is the wiki page that I use
> for documentation:
> http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Arch_Linux_for_the_blind
>
> -- Chris

Aha, since you have an archiso clone, that simplifies things for us.
I'm not sure whether this "should" ultimately become an official project or not.
I mean, there are plenty of Arch-based projects (unofficial ones) out there and I think that's great.
If we make this an official project, this means we need to support it, which should not be taken lightly.

I do notice, when checking out your branch, and diffing it with the current master, the diff is quite big.
Not just your custom config/script/package lists but also sudoers, shadow files, pacman config, motd, locale.gen, a copy of the gpl,
splash.rle whatever that is (big binary file) and so on.  is it possible to merge in the latest archiso code and make sure the diff is not bigger then needed?
so we can clearly see the diff.