[arch-releng] Arch Linux release Schedule

Thomas Bächler thomas at archlinux.org
Fri May 7 07:14:46 CEST 2010

Am 07.05.2010 04:53, schrieb Keith Hinton:
> Hi all.
> I remember way back when Aaron G posted about how Arches goal would be to release every four months or so to keep up with regular kernel releases and frequent ISO images.
> However, I remember the last official Iso was in August of 2009.
> I am not saying that that is bad or anything.
> I am curious why there hasn't been a release since that time period?
> I never figured that out.
> I did send an email to our fine Arch Linux leader using a GMail address-and am curious if that address just isn't checked?
> I did send Aaron some other interesting emails of late as well.
> But I haven't received anything-though being a leader of a project such as Arch Linux must take up a lot of time.

I think you're in the right place here, as Aaron barely does anything
related to the releases. There have been several snapshots available
from http://build.archlinux.org/isos/ over the past 2 months. Among
other things, waiting for a new initscripts release blocked an official
release (Dieter kept telling me, and now I have to package another one
due to bugs), maybe there's more.

However, we definitely want to release something soon-ish, maybe we'll
get it done this month.