[arch-releng] Iso tests

Tom Willemsen tom.willemsen at archlinux.us
Fri Apr 8 03:58:17 EDT 2011

Hey Dieter,

> * clock : default -> maybe make this "unchanged"
done.

> * filesystem: (check the installed system, incl fstab) <-- these instructions are valid for all entries under filesystem, not just "autoprepare"
Ok, I've put this instruction together with the filesystem title.
(actually, right under it)

> * "success" -> clearly tell users only to flag this if everything worked fine, and they can fill in comments if anything specific failed.
I'll do that

> * "modules" -> let's also add ext, swap, xfs, jfs and reiserFS.
I'll add them to the fixtures, but in the future when it's live you can
do this through the /admin/ pages (i.e. http://localhost:8000/admin/)

> * Rollback section -> let's remove the select button, it's a bit redundant.  Instead you can put the text "If you did a rollback followed by a new attempt to setup your blockdevices/filesystems, select which option you took here"
> * make it more clear users should fill in the "rollback modules" section only if they did a rollback.
> you can then also remove the (useless?) rollback part that has yes/no but no dates, on the main page.
I'll remove it, and on the main page as well.
Those 2 fields on the main page used to show the last success or fail
names, but after I changed the database around they stopped doing this,
I probably didn't update their specific logic.

> * the two modules checklists should come before success/comments. i.e. success/comments should be the last thing on the page.
Yeah I was thinking that too, I didn't get around to doing this yet, but
I will.

> * after i hit submit, i saw again the http://localhost:8000/isotests/ page, but everything was still "never failed" / "never succeeded".
> then i reloaded the page and saw the results of my input?
that's strange, I haven't had this problem so far.

> either way, it would be useful to tell the user, after submitting "thanks, submission worked", or the same form again with the reasons why the submission failed (i believe they call this form validation [feedback])
Form validation is already graciously provided (up to a point) by django
itself, if you hit submit without filling anything in it won't accept
it.
The succes page is indeed a nice touch, I'll add it.

> * I didn't select any modules in the rollback modules part, but the mainpage shows successes for the same modules as the ones I flagged in the regular "modules" checklist.
strange, I'll look into this, maybe I made a typo.

> * add some links between all the pages. I know you said you would like it to be nicely themed and everything, and I think that's a good idea, but that shouldn't be a blocking factor, for all I care you can make the links as ugly as they can get [for now], as long as they work.
You are absolutely right, I need to stop being stopped by such silly
things.

> * in the success/failed colums of /isotests/, if they are filled in (with an isoname) I want that isoname to be a link, so that when I click on it, I see a list of all feedbacks from users of this specific point. For example it would look like:
>
> Results for : image boot: optical
>
> iso - nickname - success?
> 2011.03.23 - Dieterbe - Y
> 2011.03.13 - Tom      - N
> (...)
Very nice, I'll get on it!

Sorry I didn't reply before, I've worked on bits and pieces, but I
didn't know what to send when.
Expect to hear from me again very soon.

Tom