[arch-releng] Iso tests

Dieter Plaetinck dieter at plaetinck.be
Mon Apr 11 03:38:17 EDT 2011

On Mon, 11 Apr 2011 01:30:52 +0200
Tom Willemsen <tom.willemsen at archlinux.us> wrote:

> > * after i hit submit, i saw again the
> > http://localhost:8000/isotests/ page, but everything was still
> > "never failed" / "never succeeded". then i reloaded the page and
> > saw the results of my input? either way, it would be useful to tell
> > the user, after submitting "thanks, submission worked", or the same
> > form again with the reasons why the submission failed (i believe
> > they call this form validation [feedback])
> I've never run into this, and I did try. But hopefully now it won't
> matter, when someone fills the form in completely they're redirected
> to a 'thanks' page and from there they can click go back to results
> or give more feedback.

Maybe it was a race condition. i.e. The loading of the root page came
so quickly after the submission of the form, that the queries to insert
the results were still executing while the page was requested? you
should make sure you only show a new page after the queries are
executed.

> > * I didn't select any modules in the rollback modules part, but the
> > mainpage shows successes for the same modules as the ones I flagged
> > in the regular "modules" checklist.
> Yeah there is something going on here. I (apparently) forgot to
> include a function for getting the rollback modules and filesystems
> instead of the regular ones. Now I did, but I'm being plagued by the
> form not updating the values correctly. Since the Test class has 2
> references to the Filesystem and Modules classes each it uses the
> related_name property to distinguish them, but using this in a form
> seems troublesome, when I click some options they don't get saved,
> I've been looking into this, but so far no luck except, maybe the
> problem is that I customize the rollback_filesystem and
> rollback_modules and it forgets to use its related_name this way, I
> don't know.

I also don't know, but there are enough django experts out there ;)

> > * in the success/failed colums of /isotests/, if they are filled in
> > (with an isoname) I want that isoname to be a link, so that when I
> > click on it, I see a list of all feedbacks from users of this
> > specific point. For example it would look like:
> I'm still working on this, I was thinking though, wouldn't you prefer
> the iso name to take you to a list of the results of that iso and the
> names of the properties to take you to a list of results for that
> property (as described below)?
> >
> > Results for : image boot: optical
> >
> > iso - nickname - success?
> > 2011.03.23 - Dieterbe - Y
> > 2011.03.13 - Tom      - N
> > (...)

I think that would be fine too.  My main concern is that the root page,
even though it gives a good overview, only gives limited insight in the
amount of feedback and amount of fails/successes for [specific
features on ] specific isos. Both your and mine solutions fix this, but
in a slightly different way, so it's fine by me.