[aur-dev] aur JSON interface

Loui louipc.ist at gmail.com
Tue May 20 01:33:40 EDT 2008

On Mon, 19 May 2008 22:54:54 +0200
Piotr Husiatyński <phusiatynski at gmail.com> wrote:

> JSON interface is really cool and searching is really quick. But IMO it needs
> more improvements. For example, info query should return name, AND short
> description. And how about some advanced searching, like adding regexp?
> If I want to use regexp now, I have to do it manually on client side -
> first download few JSON objects, then join the results and finally use the
> regexp. It would be also nice if there was more searching/query options. What
> do you think about it?

I've discussed this with a few people already and I'm definitely for it.
The JSON interface should have more functionality than the web search,
not less!

Anyways there's a lot of work for me to do on other things (no
necessarily AUR) before I can really be ready to write a patch for this.

There are also a lot of outstanding patches on the list that need to be
pushed. Simo seems to be busy and he's the only one with access
unfortunately. I keep saying that we need more people with push access.