[aur-dev] AUR 4 and licensing

Johannes Löthberg johannes at kyriasis.com
Mon Apr 13 13:52:16 UTC 2015

On 13/04, Dan McGee wrote:
>> Alas I am not. For one, actually look at your second link where it says that
>> there are 3 server-side hooks and note how none of them are pre-commit.
>
>He mentioned "and many more"; you're gravitating toward pre-commit.
>I'm guessing no one here thinks you will be able to stop someone from
>committing locally.

And we were discussing a specific git hook the whole time.

>If you want to be pedantic, fine- you win, go buy yourself a cookie or
>something.

I'm not being pedantic, I'm actually following the discussion, not
bringing up irrelevant things.

>If you want to be practical, there are several ways server-side hooks
>can solve the original problem here. Showing a message on push would
>be fine; Github does this exact type of thing if you don't have
>permissions to push to a repository there. In the case of the AUR, you
>would check for that, any necessary agreements on licensing, etc. and
>reject the push while providing a helpful "Please go visit
>http://example.com/tos to accept the conditions of the AUR before
>pushing your changes."

Check how? Have to remember to include a long message saying you agree
to it in every commit and then have the server check for that message?

--
Sincerely,
  Johannes Löthberg