Questions with setting up aurweb instance

Hunter Wittenborn hunter at hunterwittenborn.com
Wed Jun 23 21:22:45 UTC 2021

 > If it is not set, then you'll need the other keys in the
[notifications]
section (the smtp-* ones) correctly configured for the python "smtplib"
library to communicate with an MTA that will send messages on your
behalf.

 > If neither is working, then check out the send() function in
aurweb/scripts/notify.py, the smtplib interactions are fairly simple and
I'm not sure what the problem might be.

Sounds good, I'll check things out. Just wanted to confirm I wasn't
missing a value in the config or anything.

 > Our production instance had those manually set up and accounts have
always been migrated, never re-inited from scratch. You need to create
or modify an account with the SQL field AccountTypeID set to 2.

 > You can take a look at the script which generates random data for dev
purposes located in schema/gendummydata.py [1]

 > The script generates random accounts including Trusted Users with
password same as username.
<https://gitlab.archlinux.org/archlinux/aurweb/-/blob/master/schema/gendummydata.py#L154-186>

If I can get this working, I don't see much of a need to implement
anything new (unless aurweb is being used by a crazy ton of
less-experienced people or something). I imagine I could just automate
it into a Bash script after I figured out the commands if I really
needed to.

Ideally I'm gonna try to not upgrade this a ton too, as I'm making a
decent amount of changes in the GUI, and I don't want to deal with a
bunch of hassle over and over.

Thanks! I'll send a message if it's still not working right.
---
*Hunter Wittenborn*
hunter at hunterwittenborn.com