[aur-general] Enforcing TU Bylaws

Leslie P. Polzer leslie.polzer at gmx.net
Wed Dec 19 13:56:20 EST 2007

>> > Why not? Are you marked as inactive?
>>
>> I can declare myself to be so, if it helps.
>
> Sounds like you're trying to shirk responsibility here. I have to
> agree with Callan here. If you're active, you should note ignore the
> voting threads - it's part of the responsibilities of the TUs. If a
> person doesn't want to do this, doesn't want to be part of the group
> and simply wants to pump out packages it's probably a better idea to
> run your own custom repo instead of being part of what should be a
> democratic group.

It depends on one's view of a TU's duties. Mine obviously differ considerably
from yours. I cherish the friendship amoung TUs, but I currently confine
myself to contributing the little bit here and there. One might call it
following the “half a TU is better than none” philosophy.

I don't see where this is a problem, but if it turns out to be one, I will
yield and give up TU-ship.

I'd like to encourage everyone here to share their opinion on this.

  Leslie

--
My personal blog: http://blog.viridian-project.de/