[aur-general] non-http aur access

wakeup wakeup at erehwon.de
Sun Aug 17 05:54:44 EDT 2008

Hi folks,
I think there should be a way to access the AUR without having to use a
full featured web browser, preferably a command-line client.
I suggest exposing a db (like every repository got one) and an ftp site
which contains the same as http://aur.archlinux.org/packages to public
use. On that way one could easily write clients that fetch the db,
perform queries offline and get the tarballs via ftp.
I do realize that there is yaourt, but that work-around is not exactly
what I thought of.
What do you think?

best regards,
wakeup

PS: This is my first post to this list, so if that idea is not new,
please excuse me. :)
--
An Ashanti Proverb from Ghana - It is because of beauty, that is why
the woman holds her breasts when she runs, not because the breasts are