[aur-general] Someone hug sergej

w9ya w9ya at qrparci.net
Tue Dec 2 23:59:04 EST 2008

Greg;

I assume you are not aware that anyone can apply and become a TU. Because of
that, if anyone thinks something needs to be done that remains undone, then
the answer is to simply ask to become a TU. Within a short time, if you are
ready with some few examples of your work, you will become one. We have only
turned down one applicant and that was for lying to us.

MORE TO THE POINT; When the aurvotes was added, we all knew that it could
not represent even one user correctly. Heck I have programs that dozens of
folks use that show NO VOTES, and they are using them by downloading them
from the community repo directly. At the time the aurvotes were added we
were promised that it would **NEVER  be mentioned that a TU was remiss by
not adding a aur entry that had some votes. Somehow over the course of a
couple of years we are now using a system of statistics that is decidedly in
error, with over two magnitudes of extremes and no way to determine the
shape of the curve (and the means). i.e. We have NO idea of even what ZERO
votes means.

It boggles the mind.

Very best regards;

Bob Finch