[aur-general] storming in for no reason with crazy ideas

Xavier shiningxc at gmail.com
Mon Dec 22 04:15:04 EST 2008

On Mon, Dec 22, 2008 at 6:14 AM, Allan McRae <allan at archlinux.org> wrote:
> My main thinking in the past was to unify the tools used for the "official"
> and community repos.  That either involved fixing the community/AUR
> integration to use the new official devtools or split community and the AUR
> completely.   If we split them, then we (being devs and TUs) need to decide
> whether the community packages get shown on the main Arch package page or
> are kept separate.  As Callan put it, a big change with lots of planning
> needed...

I also like the proposal a lot.
community is already more or less an official repo, isn't it? it's
enabled by default in pacman.conf on a fresh install.
So I think it makes sense to have it next to the others repos. Then
its name still indicates there is a difference on the packagers behind
these packages.