[aur-general] Gnome package guidelines

Roman Kyrylych roman.kyrylych at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 14:29:25 EST 2008

Hi!

I've seen an increasing demand for this, so...
I've just made a public copy of JGC's excellent guidelines for Gnome
packages here:
http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Gnome_package_guidelines
This applies not only to Gnome packages but also to Xfce and some pure
Gtk packages as well (not sure about KDE/Qt packages)
- basically anything that use gconf, .desktop, hicolor icon theme etc.
and is intended for usage in a desktop environment.
(e.g. there's no need for Sauerbraten to use desktop-file-utils *just*
because it includes .desktop file (it can be run a server only)).

There is a collector bugreport for this: http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/9217

--
Roman Kyrylych (Роман Кирилич)