[aur-general] e17 packages in community (was orphaned packages in community)

Ronald van Haren pressh at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 11:22:35 EST 2008

On Jan 21, 2008 5:03 PM, JJDaNiMoTh <jjdanimoth at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 20 Jan 2008 18:01:53 +0100
> "Ronald van Haren" <pressh at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > How I will go from here ?
> > As you may have noticed I've uploaded e17-cvs packages to [community]
> > somewhere last week. This is for i686 only at the moment. For the
> > x86_64 builds I'm struggling with Aaron's build machine though it is
> > not working out yet.
>
> For mee Aaron's machine is working well; if you tag arch64-bit your
> package (I think all -cvs marked here
> http://dev.archlinux.org/~andyrtr/pkg_diff.html with a blank field on
> 64 bit column ) I can run a script that compile them. How tag? I think,
> from
> http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Arch64_FAQ
> #How_can_I_patch_existing_PKGBUILDs_for_use_with_Arch64.3F
> ( section for the devs ) you need to do these commands. Until
> confirmation, do nothing :)
>
> --
> JJDaNiMoTh - ArchLinux Trusted User

Maybe I should have been a bit more clear. The problem is not the
actual compiling, that works great (I've been able to build a couple
of packages). The problem is with the dependencies between the
packages. Almost each next package depends on the previous one.
I tried building those packages with using the 'SRCROOT' variable,
though I could not get that to work.

Finally I just started to build each package, upload it, wait for the
build machine to sync, build the next one, etc. That just is not
doable being it CVS packages which change daily.

I've sent my current scripts and PKGBUILDs to Eric (I still need to
rewrite them to use the CVS sources), as he said in this thread a
would be able to build it. So I think e17-cvs should be covered for
now.

Thanks for your offer though. If I need it in the future I'll let you know.