[aur-general] REMOVAL: Discussion Period for sergej

Roman Kyrylych roman.kyrylych at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 06:31:01 EST 2008

2008/1/16, Callan Barrett <wizzomafizzo at gmail.com>:
> On Jan 16, 2008 7:38 PM, Sergej Pupykin <pupykin.s at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I'll check smf package today. It seems I skip your post,
> >
> > About #Maintainer and license - I add them but it will take some time...
>
> Just so you know I didn't go through these by hand, it took all of 5
> minutes to get a list of them and run grep.
>
> I have suggested your removal because you aren't voting and this is
> exactly what the bylaws states must be done in a case like this, if
> you were unable to vote you must mark yourself as inactive. The fact
> is I doubt you're bad at packaging but I don't think it's possible to
> maintain 600 packages.
>
> I think what would be best, especially if you're going to be inactive,
> is to orphan some of your packages, as many as possible so we can make
> this manageable. The voting is negligible and I don't see why we can't
> work something out but this huge amount of packages you maintain is
> the real issue.

I think the main concern here is because we already had a situation
with lots of packages being managed by WillySilly and his
disappearance.
I didn't review sergej's packages, but I'm satisfied with the speed he
updates and fixes bugs reported in them.
I do agree that license information is very important for community
and no illegal packages should be there.
Neverthless none of these issues worth starting a discussion period
IMO, because they all can be resolved by a communication.

--
Roman Kyrylych (Роман Кирилич)