[aur-general] Stopping Arch contribuiting

Ronald van Haren pressh at gmail.com
Sun Sep 21 17:24:36 EDT 2008

On 9/21/08, M. Rawash <mrawash at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 2008-09-21 at 12:52 +0200, Timm Preetz wrote:
> 'telepathy-glib'
>> > telepathy-glib cannot be moved to unsupported, is required by
>> > telepathy-haze and telepathy-sofiasip in [community], both maintained
>> > by gummibaerchen.
>>
>> I will talk to the devs, whether they will put empathy + telepathy-* in
>> [extra] with GNOME 2.24 or not.
>
> ok, i've also packaged (fedora's) online-desktop (see
> http://www.redhatmagazine.com/2007/11/13/tour-of-gnome-online-desktop/)
> which includes quite a few packages (that include empathy among others), i
> was wondering if we could create a new group in community called
> 'online-desktop', which shall include:
> - online-desktop
> - bigboard
> - beautifulsoup
> - hippo-canvas
> - desktop-data-model
> - empathy/telepathy
> - others?
>
> i wanna hear your thoughts, this is only my second message to AUR's ML

nah, better not. Groups are for official packages to make installing
of for example desktop environments easier. Creating groups for each
and every package is not the way to go, we have depends and optdepends
for that. Besides that adding new groups for unsupported packages does
not make much sense to me.

ps. there is already beautiful-soup in community. I assume we can
remove beautifulsoup from unsupported?

> i could also use some help packaging mugshot, seems like it needs some
> patching in order to find some xulrunner deps, but i'll keep trying..

Post what you have and the error message. Maybe someone has time to help you.

Ronald