[aur-general] TU appliance Jens Maucher (defcon)

Angel Velásquez angvp at archlinux.com.ve
Sun Apr 5 11:39:51 EDT 2009

On Mon, Apr 6, 2009 at 10:55 AM, Ali H. Caliskan
<ali.h.caliskan at gmail.com> wrote:
> One thing, mkdir is not something bad to use, I use it all the time, and
> install isn't also not required, since the developers of install command
> argue that a package manager should be used instead of install, so what's
> the big deal here? I mean as long as the code is working, why should it be
> that much trouble to maintain a package. Are we code "fascists" here?

Isn't about "code fascism" is about to do our best effort, working
code isn't enough, in fact is average, but install vs cp + mkdir is
always a suggestion that many people had in their applications, and it
wasn't the point to be rejected.

In my point of view, Jens should prepare a better application,
explaining what are they goals, why he wants to become a TU, and how
he will benefit AUR and community, that's all.

For Jens: Better luck the next time, and don't feel dissapointed, try
to focus on a better application next time, ;)

Cheers!

--
Angel Velásquez
angvp @ irc.freenode.net