[aur-general] pkgconflict: a tool to find file conflicts when building packages

Abhishek Dasgupta abhidg at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 12:31:11 EDT 2009

2009/4/9 Abhishek Dasgupta <abhidg at gmail.com>:
> I made a sqlite-bash branch on github [1] with the create_db
> function which I'm using right now. It's not incremental yet but
> adding a separate table with package versions like you've done
> would solve the problem.

Just added incremental update support to sqlite-bash branch. I tested it
out with the databases I already had [1] and it worked fine. Updating the
filelists was far quicker and finished within a few minutes.

For anyone wishing to try out, download the databases and drop them
into /var/cache/pkgtools/lists after gunzipping. Use the pkgfile from the git
branch and run `sudo pkgfile -uv`. The new database versions.db contains the
package names, versions and repository names and has the following format:
  pkgname TEXT,  pkgver TEXT, repo TEXT

At the moment, /var/cache/pkgtools/lists/{reponame} is not deleted, though
it's not really used (except for the listfiles() function which I
haven't modified
to use the sqlite db yet). Also the --binaries switch which allows one to search
for files in bin/ or sbin/ might not work properly.

[1]: http://abhidg.mine.nu/arch/package-databases/


More information about the aur-general mailing list