[aur-general] pkgconflict: a tool to find file conflicts when building packages

Daenyth Blank daenyth+arch at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 12:41:05 EDT 2009

On Thu, Apr 9, 2009 at 12:31, Abhishek Dasgupta <abhidg at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/4/9 Abhishek Dasgupta <abhidg at gmail.com>:
>> I made a sqlite-bash branch on github [1] with the create_db
>> function which I'm using right now. It's not incremental yet but
>> adding a separate table with package versions like you've done
>> would solve the problem.
>>

> Just added incremental update support to sqlite-bash branch. I tested it
> out with the databases I already had [1] and it worked fine. Updating the
> filelists was far quicker and finished within a few minutes.
>
> For anyone wishing to try out, download the databases and drop them
> into /var/cache/pkgtools/lists after gunzipping. Use the pkgfile from the git
> branch and run `sudo pkgfile -uv`. The new database versions.db contains the
> package names, versions and repository names and has the following format:
>  pkgname TEXT,  pkgver TEXT, repo TEXT
>
> At the moment, /var/cache/pkgtools/lists/{reponame} is not deleted, though
> it's not really used (except for the listfiles() function which I
> haven't modified
> to use the sqlite db yet). Also the --binaries switch which allows one to search
> for files in bin/ or sbin/ might not work properly.
>
> [1]: http://abhidg.mine.nu/arch/package-databases/
>
> --
> Abhishek

How is the filesize of the REPO.db? CMB was reporting that community
was taking up more than 75mb with his version. Regardless of how the
sqlite features would be implemented, I will also keep the flat file
version available, and configurable. How are the searching and
updating speeds compared to before?