[aur-general] TU application: Laszlo Papp

Laszlo Papp djszapi2 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 2 22:40:19 EDT 2009

On Sun, Aug 2, 2009 at 11:05 PM, Jaroslav Lichtblau <tu at dragonlord.cz>wrote:

> On Sun, Aug 02, 2009 at 10:22:16PM +0200, Laszlo Papp wrote:
> > On Sun, Aug 2, 2009 at 9:45 PM, Mateusz Herych <heniekk at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > > Hello Laszlo.
> > >
> > > I see many of your vim-* packages has the same voters:
> > > alephlg, Gaboo, raron, zsomi, Suicidium, rhen
> > > Let's look into their IDs..
> > >
> > > alephlg - 16066
> > > Gaboo - 16077
> > > raron - 16081
> > > zsomi - 16070
> > > Suicidium - 16075
> > > rhen - 16080
> > >
> > > Does it mean these accounts were registered in the same time? If so,
> > > that looks a bit strange for me. Could you explain it? Maybe i'm
> > > wrong.
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > Mateusz.
> >

> > Hello Mateusz!
> >
> > As I said similarly earlier:
> >
> > I took an advertisment in vim channel on freenode, and among work
> colleague,
> > and friends, familiars. Something similar, "More vim plugins are
> available
> > in AUR, you can try it, if you feel so". It's true I've got so much VIM
> fan
> > friends, colleague, familiars in the real life, and on the internet too.
> > Maybe this is the reason.
>
> Are all those friends of your also running Arch Linux? The names of
> the voters do not change much and also voted on packages you proposed
> to bring into [community] repository - reaching the 10 votes limit.
> Did you advertised those packages too to them?

Yeah, but I adopted quite a few from those packages. I see packages from
those with 2/9/15/17/27/62 votes too. I didn't follow really who voted or
who didn't.
But I can see one thing, embedded development and related packages are
needed by some people, I started to deal with those packages because of
this, and because I use those ones too.

> > I didn't take deeper researching in this matter, who voted for those
> > package, or who didn't, because I think it's their private decision to
> vote
> > for a package or not, so i didn't asked them. I keep in respect their
> > decision. But I always vote for my packages :)
> >
> > Nevertheless I've disowned most of the vim related packages, because I'd
> > like to deal with embedded development packages better.
>
> Not that keeping those vim plugins would take much work, they don't
> change that offen to my knowledge.

Not so much work, but sometimes it can be hard. I've seen already that It
changed after an updating from a simple script plugin, file to a more
complicated package, with other handling, e.g. vimballed and sometimes the
new update is buggy firstly.
But the real reason is I'd like provide embedded development related
packages more than vim packages.

> > I won't be very active tomorrow in the daytime, but I will reply for all
> > your questions at evening.
> >
> > Best Regards,
> > Laszlo Papp
> >

> Thanks for all those quick answers, that keeps the discussion
> swift.
>
> Jaroslav
>

> --
>        When devfs went into the tree, the word was "at least it will
> make people look at the code".  Well, it did.  Veni, vidi, vomere.
>
>        - Al Viro on linux-kernel

No problem, just ask me :)

Best Regards,
Laszlo Papp