[aur-general] Voting for djszapi results

Xyne xyne at archlinux.ca
Thu Dec 17 06:17:49 EST 2009

On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 01:44:39 +0300
Sergej Pupykin <pupykin.s at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> the voting period for djszapi has ended, and he did not get the majority
> of votes. He got
>
> Yes: 4
> No: 9
> Abstain: 5
>
> It would be nice if there would be some discussion about the reasons for the failure.

I understand the desire to discuss the rejection but this goes against
the very idea of a secret ballot as each TU's reply will indicate how
he or she voted. This may create tension on this list and elsewhere and
I think it should be avoided. As bash has claimed, the answers can most
likely be found in the previous discussion period.

For the future perhaps you can request an additional submission field
for the vote form which would allow voters to include a reason that
could then be cited with the results.

Regards,
Xyne