[aur-general] Voting for djszapi results

Loui Chang louipc.ist at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 07:41:42 EST 2009

On Thu 17 Dec 2009 12:17 +0100, Xyne wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 01:44:39 +0300
> Sergej Pupykin <pupykin.s at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > the voting period for djszapi has ended, and he did not get the majority
> > of votes. He got
> >
> > Yes: 4
> > No: 9
> > Abstain: 5
> >
> > It would be nice if there would be some discussion about the reasons for the failure.
>
> I understand the desire to discuss the rejection but this goes against
> the very idea of a secret ballot as each TU's reply will indicate how
> he or she voted. This may create tension on this list and elsewhere and
> I think it should be avoided. As bash has claimed, the answers can most
> likely be found in the previous discussion period.

TU votes were never meant to be secret, it only came about as the
implementation of the voting application. We don't live under a violent
military coup or anything. You should be able to identify with your
thoughts in a free society. The discussion period is there for people to
voice any concerns, if that creates tension - so be it. I hope we aren't
all wimps that can't take a little bit of conflict. I'd like to know
that our Trusted Users are able to voice their opinions and uphold the
Arch Way, etc.

Cheers.