[aur-general] Package voting alternatives

Florian Friesdorf flo at chaoflow.net
Mon Dec 28 16:46:38 EST 2009

On Mon, Dec 28, 2009 at 01:16:56PM +0100, Philipp Überbacher wrote:
> Personally I think you're overcomplicating things.

I share this thought.

> To me it seems the votes don't matter anyway. There are guidelines for
> the number of needed votes afaik but from my limited experience
> packages only get into community when a TU is interested in them, in
> which case the votecount doesn't matter at all.

I wish this would be different.

I think the general idea that people express their support through a
vote is good. I often install a package just to test it and to realize
that I don't need it. Don't see why this should increase the popularity,
one could argue it should decrease...

What about votes that are valid two months + a monthly voting cronjob
(the time spans are just exemplary)?

Further I'd like to see a list of all packages I voted for, so far I was
not able to get this - might be my lack of knowledge.

--
Florian Friesdorf <flo at chaoflow.net>
  GPG FPR: EA5C F2B4 FBBB BA65 3DCD  E8ED 82A1 6522 4A1F 4367
Jabber/XMPP: flo at chaoflow.net
  OTR FPR: 9E191746 213321FE C896B37D 24B118C0 31785700
IRC: chaoflow on freenode,ircnet,blafasel,OFTC