[aur-general] gspcav1-fbcondecor package installation errors

Aaron Lane aarondrewlane at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 14:52:24 EDT 2009

Hello Heiko,

> This is an upstream issue. It seems, that gspcav1 1.00.20 doesn't work
> with kernels > 2.6.26, as I've just read in a German forum.
>
> The file semaphore.h is now located
> in /usr/src/linux-2.6.30-fbcondecor/include/linux.
>
> So the file gspca_core.c in the gspcav1-fbcondecor package needs to be
> patched and "asm/semaphore.h" needs to be changed to
> "linux/semaphore.h".
>
> As a workaround you can add this line to your PKGBUILD:
> sed -i "s:asm\/semaphore.h:linux\/semaphore.h" gspca_core.c
>
> But you should also file a bug report to upstream, so that the gspca
> developers can update the software, so that it compiles with kernel
> 2.6.27 and above.

I tried adding that line:

build() {
  cd $startdir/src/gspcav1-20071224
  sed -i -e "s/KERNEL_VERSION = .*/KERNEL_VERSION = ${_kernver}/" Makefile
  sed -i "s:asm\/semaphore.h:linux\/semaphore.h" gspca_core.c <----- HERE
  make || return 1

  #Install kernel module
  install -D -m644 gspca.ko
$startdir/pkg/lib/modules/$_kernver/kernel/drivers/media/video/usbvideo/gspca.ko
  sed -i -e "s/KERNEL_VERSION='.*'/KERNEL_VERSION='${_kernver}'/"
$startdir/*.install
}

I still recieved the same installation error messages. Forgive me if I
just put it in the wrong place, but like I said before, I am new to
package workings and installations, so please avoid ambiguity if it is
based on the assumption of my knowledge.

I started poking around in gspca_core.c, and I noticed several
inclusions that look like they should be changed from the asm
directory to the linux directory (I think one actually had a typo as
well), but I do not know how to work around the md5sums validity
checker.