[aur-general] Tarball Guidelines

keenerd keenerd at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 06:26:22 CET 2010

On Mon, Dec 6, 2010 at 12:14 AM, Slash <demodevil at gmail.com> wrote:
> Anyways, judging by the comments in this thread, there is no one tool
> or best place to put something like this, currently (like namcap). If
> the bot will only comment once per package, I guess it won't be too
> intrusive- besides this one-time spam for existing packages ;)

It's an experiment I've been working on for some time.  To appease
Heiko I've removed all trace of personality and variety from the form
message.

I've also come across a bug in the AUR.  In short, the tarball URL
provided by the RPC interface is different from the tarball taken from
the html page.  The RPC tarball is *exactly* what was uploaded.  While
the html tarball has been sanitized.  So let's say someone uploads
something that is not even a tarball.  The AUR fixes this and pushed
it to the html.  The RPC link goes to the original, and Mr Robot
complains.  Human looks at html tarball and sees nothing wrong.
Confusion abound.  I'll remove those comments.

-Kyle
http://kmkeen.com