[aur-general] Amendment

Kaiting Chen kaitocracy at gmail.com
Tue Dec 7 14:27:49 EST 2010

On Tue, Dec 7, 2010 at 8:16 AM, Xyne <xyne at archlinux.ca> wrote:

> I think that barrier might be a bit too high. At the same time, I think we
> should have some minimum barrier. As it currently stands, with Loui's and
> Pierre's interpretation of "abstain"*, it is fully possible for someone to
> become a TU with a single "yes" vote, e.g. <66% - 1> TUs abstain and only
> one
> votes "yes".

Democracy dies in apathy. The abstain vote should be used sparingly in the
case where a TU has not had time determine the full state of the
application. I think in all other cases having an opinion is an important
responsibility for a Trusted User. In the end I think the current system is
complicated enough as it is. --Kaiting.

--
Kiwis and Limes: http://kaitocracy.blogspot.com/