[aur-general] delete packages

Joao Cordeiro jlcordeiro at gmail.com
Thu Dec 9 18:03:26 EST 2010

2010/12/9 Андрей Григорьев <andrew at ei-grad.ru>

> Hi.
>
> I was maintainer of the pyclutter package.
>
> Can't build python-clutter, marked it as outdated. Also, there are
> pyclutter-gst and pyclutter-gtk packages in AUR, it would be nice to
> keep the overall naming scheme of python bindings for clutter. I have
> nothing against if someone else will maintain this package, but it
> would be nice to at least rename and update it then.
>
> 2010/12/9 Evangelos Foutras <foutrelis at gmail.com>:
> > On Wed, Dec 8, 2010 at 11:02 PM, Joao Cordeiro <jlcordeiro at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >> libreoffice-bin [1] - dupe of package in extra.
> >>
> >> pyclutter-svn [2] is deprecated since pyclutter now uses git (and there
> is a
> >> git package in aur). Also, pyclutter [3] and python-clutter [4] are
> dupes.
> >> First has better naming but the second was submitted first so I don't
> know
> >> which one should be deleted - up to you.
> >
> > Deleted the first two and pyclutter.

The thing is, there's no point in having two packages providing the same
thing. It isn't good for anyone.

If you can't build python-clutter and you know how to solve it (since you
packaged the same thing) just post your PKGBUILD in pastebin and leave it in
the comments. If the maintainer does not answer and doesn't update the
package, than I'm sure someone will orphan it so that you can adopt this
package.

I'm sorry that your package has been removed and I'm replying just because I
was the one suggesting it (even though I didn't pick the one to be deleted),
but you must understand this is the only way everyone can have a proper
pyclutter package.