[aur-general] TU without [community] maintaining?

Florian Friesdorf flo at chaoflow.net
Wed Feb 3 10:37:00 EST 2010

On Wed, Feb 03, 2010 at 12:31:37PM -0300, Angel Velásquez wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 12:22 PM, Chris Brannon <cmbrannon79 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Thomas Bächler wrote:
> >> I think it is a good idea. We could create the "AUR moderator" position
> >> instead of calling it "Semi-TU".
> >
> > This is a fine idea, and I see no harm in it.
>
> Im in favour of this, my unique concern is about how hard will be
> creating another level of permission in the AUR, and some rules about,
> if a semi-tu can orphan packages from TUs or TU-Dev, figuring out that
> part, and assuming that will have an approbation, we will start
> writting patches, so this can be a "slow" process, (2 months or so if
> it's aproved? plus the time of discussion?).

I'd give an AUR moderator all permissions to mess around in the AUR, be
it packages of TUs or not. If somebody messes up, he/she can be punished
later.

--
Florian Friesdorf <flo at chaoflow.net>
  GPG FPR: EA5C F2B4 FBBB BA65 3DCD  E8ED 82A1 6522 4A1F 4367
Jabber/XMPP: flo at chaoflow.net
  OTR FPR: 9E191746 213321FE C896B37D 24B118C0 31785700
IRC: chaoflow on freenode,ircnet,blafasel,OFTC