[aur-general] Please orphan haskell-convertible-text

Lukáš Jirkovský l.jirkovsky at gmail.com
Fri Oct 8 01:40:43 EDT 2010

On 8 October 2010 00:13, Peter Simons <simons at cryp.to> wrote:
> Hi Xyne,
>
>  > I'm reluctant to orphan packages from the Arch Haskell group because
>  > it's an "official" group tasked with managing Haskell packages
>  > globally across the repos and the AUR.
>
> I am sorry, but I have had this discussion on this list too many times
> already. I don't care to discuss this topic again.
>
> haskell-numeric-prelude and haskell-convertible-text are both out of
> date. I am willing to maintain both packages. Do do that, however, I
> need a TU to orphan them so that I can take over ownership. If that is
> not an option for some reason, then that's fine too. Do whatever you
> think is right.
>
> Take care,
> Peter

+1. This topic is brought up here too many times. We should be glad
that there still are people willing to maintain Haskell packages
actively.

Now the Arch Haskell has a monopoly for all haskell packages and
frankly I don't see any advantage of it. In my opinion we should break
the monopoly and allow the users to maintain Haskell packages too.
It's reasonable to orphan packages which are out-of-date for a long
time.

Lukas