[aur-general] Duplication: ocamlgraph

Simon Legner simon.legner at gmail.com
Sun Sep 26 18:12:44 EDT 2010

On Sun, 26 Sep 2010 23:38:46 +0200, Magnus Therning <magnus at therning.org>
wrote:

> I'm curious as to why the dependency on findlib is undesirable.
I didn't mean that. It's just that ocamlgraph-withoutfindlib has the
simplest build()-code. According to the KISS principle I'd favour that
one, if and only if it provides the same functionality (e.g. the META
files you mentioned).

> I've added a dependency on lablgtk2 to ocaml-ocamlgraph, so now they
> match each other in dependencies.  Personally I think a dependency on
> findlib is desirable so I think ocaml-ocamlgraph is the correctest one,
> but I'm open to any counter arguments.
I just wanted to find out the differences of files after building the
three packages. But unfortunately none of them builds on my machine
(x86_64) due to the following error:
  File "dgraph/dGraphViewer.ml", line 26, characters 0-11:
  Error: Unbound module Dgraph

> ocamlgraph[1] has been orphaned, so I suggest first of all to remove it.
> Then we'll work out which of the other two to keep.
I think, it has been orphaned when I started this discussion, but I'm not
sure about that.

Regards,
Simon Legner