[aur-general] Changing AUR development infrastructure.

Gergely Imreh imrehg at gmail.com
Sun Jan 16 20:40:55 EST 2011

I know I'm an outsider (no TU, only did a bit of AUR developement
before), so I just have a question:

On 17 January 2011 09:19, Loui Chang <louipc.ist at gmail.com> wrote:
> Here are the reasons I have for moving the repo:
> * We don't need to create superfluous shell accounts on gerolde to
>  for push access to those repos. Those accounts already exist on
>  sigurd.

If the issue is having to create extra shell accounts, could it be
eliminated using gitolite/gitosis?  That would allow more fine-grained
control over the permissions of the different projects (which would
definitely come up if there are more projects hosted on the same
server). E.g. push privileges could be granted to people without TU
status when needed, or TUs can be kept off projects they are not
taking part in.

Just a thought.

Cheers,
  Greg