[aur-general] Aurphan in community

keenerd keenerd at gmail.com
Fri May 6 09:13:49 EDT 2011

On 5/6/11, Ray Rashif <schiv at archlinux.org> wrote:
> Let me just confirm this: it is the first of its kind, in that it
> "communicates" with the AUR. There is no other tool in the repos that
> makes a connection to the AUR, right?

Well that depends.  Do you count community/arch-firefox-search, which
does a full search of the AUR?  (On an unrelated note, why is
searching the AUR in a GUI officially supported but searching it from
the CLI a mortal sin?)

Aurphan does not search the AUR, it organizes info about the AUR
packages you already have installed.  It does not imply AUR packages
are supported, it asks you to volunteer support for them.

-Kyle
http://kmkeen.com