[aur-general] virtualbox wiki page

Ike Devolder ike.devolder at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 12:27:56 EDT 2011

Op 25-10-11 22:47, Ionut Biru schreef:
> Hi,
>
> with the linux 3.1 package we took another approach about handling
> external modules. Because of that, i want to add back the old
> virtualbox-modules package that includes the host modules.
>
> Now comes the tricky part.
>
> I want to replace all the post_install/upgrade messages that we have
> now in virtualbox and guest additions for arch and replace them with a
> wiki link. The wiki is a total mess and includes details that doesn't
> matter for virtualbox on arch.
>
> Help me to clear the wiki a bit before adding the link to the package.
>
> My idea is to have in virtualbox wiki page this:
>
> 1) how to install it
> 2) what modules to add in rc.conf and a short description of modules
> functionality
> 3) how to run it
> 4) how to run guest additions on arch(as a section rather than a new
> page like is it now)
>
> That's it. I don't care about sharing functionality, tips and tricks
> for openbsd. Just plain arch functionality.

Hi, adding to the discussion:

would you not name it
- virtualbox-host-modules (now virtualbox-modules)
- virtualbox-guest-modules (now virtualbox-archlinux-modules)

for the wiki, is it appropriate to change the current virtualbox page or
will you create another

and might it not be easier if you had 2 main items:
1) virtualbox host
     1) how to install
     2) modules in rc.conf, systemd stuff
     3) usage
2) archlinux virtualbox guest
     1) how to install
     2) modules in rc.conf, systemd
     3) usage

if you might create a new virtualbox page, i'm willing to help, just let
the candidates for helping know which sections to fill.

- Ike (BlackEagle)