[aur-general] TU application

Lukas Fleischer archlinux at cryptocrack.de
Fri Oct 28 04:19:56 EDT 2011

On Fri, Oct 28, 2011 at 08:41:45AM +0100, Jonathan Steel wrote:
> > Thanks for applying. Do you have a link to your AUR packages and
> > possibly a sponsor?
>
> I see the link has been given. I have also contributed to a few other
> packages (fakenes for one) but if I do not plan to use them much myself I
> have disowned them in case someone else has more interest (but I keep an eye
> on them). I have also created some PKGBUILDs for packages I wanted to try
> (not already in AUR) but after finding better (existing) alternatives I did
> not decide to upload them. I have also come across packages that look like
> they should be removed, so would be interested in the tidy-up procedure.

Any reason you didn't send removal requests for those packages to
aur-general?

> I don't have a sponsor.

Now that you already sent your application, there's a chance someone
will pick you up... In general, however, you should try to contact some
TU that you know via IRC/mail *before* applying. All that is written
down in our bylaws [1] :)

Oh, and *please* try to configure you mail client properly not to break
threads.

[1] http://aur.archlinux.org/trusted-user/TUbylaws.html#Addition