[aur-general] ibus orphans in [community]

Yichao Yu yyc1992 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 19:09:34 EDT 2012

On Thu, Oct 18, 2012 at 6:47 PM, Allen Li <cyberdupo56 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 18 Oct 2012 17:45:51 +0200
> Alexander Rødseth <rodseth at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> If I understand it correctly, we _could_ drop ibus and just use fcitx
>> instead, but supporting ibus as well is preferrable, since many people
>> also use ibus.
>
> My gripe with fcitx is that it is poorly documented (in English at
> least), and I wasn't able to get it to work.  I'm sure people are using
> it fine, but I feel that the quality of software is limited by its
> documentation.  No documentation = software sucks, end of story.  If we
> move in this direction, I'd like to see someone familiar with fcitx
> update the wiki accordingly =).

We have just updated the English wiki of fcitx recently. It still lack
some detail description of certain engines (e.g. pinyin) but simply
install the packages and set environment variables according to the
arch wiki should make it works just fine. Would you mind describing
your problem (maybe on fcitx at googlegroups.com) so that we can help
with it and probably add it to wiki?

We are also aware of our poor documentation and is trying to improve
that both on our own wiki[1] and on the user interface.

THX for the suggestion.