[aur-general] Strange filesystem conflict behavior

Martti Kühne mysatyre at gmail.com
Tue Mar 26 08:29:44 EDT 2013

On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 12:45 PM, Anntoin Wilkinson <anntoin at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm surprised that Pacman doesn't seem to handle this case at the
> moment.

I'm surprised this isn't percieved as a feature. With most other
package managers, especially dpkg/apt I couldn't naturally interact
because they internally did more than I was asking them to. On pacman,
the list of files a package comes with is that very list of files.
Anything past that point should be the result of an admin's actions.
Let's leave it that way.

BTW, I just entered a search term into the AUR front page [1] and
wasn't shown a search result. On the package page [2] that same "Go"
button is displayed too which has seemingly no reason... oh, "Go" in
that context only sets the language? What's the button with which I
get to packages I typed into the search field? Clicking one of those
ajax links doesn't seem to do much. I guess there's some form tag
dangling around which isn't interpreted by my browser* correctly or
something.

Yes, you'll have to write the bug report for me or look at it right
away, sorry for being that lazy. :)

cheers!
mar77i

[1] https://aur.archlinux.org/?setlang=en
[2] https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/

* My web browser was Firefox at least version 19 billion trillion
quadrillions - the version numbers of that thing are indeed getting
sillier by the month. They might move to scientific notation soon for
version numbers with the powers of ten growing that quickly.