[aur-general] pkgbuild with after installation Customizations

Storm Dragon stormdragon2976 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 28 01:35:39 EDT 2013

Hi,
I changed the service file, but it is using the default voice instead of the voice I set. Can you take a look at it and let me know what is wrong? This is just the one from the version in community adapted for the git package. The attached file contains the service file, the pkgbuild, the install file and the speakup.conf for modules-load.d.
Thanks
Storm
On Sun, Oct 27, 2013 at 08:39:55PM -0700, Curtis Shimamoto wrote:
>On 10/27/13 at 11:23pm, Storm Dragon wrote:
>>
>> I have made a package for espeakup that pulls the git version and installs it.
>> It has a systemd file so that espeakup can start with boot. After installation
>> is complete though, the system file needs to be edited to set the voice the
>> user wants to use, e.g. en-us, en-sc, etc. Can I just put a standard prompt in
>> the pkgbuild? E.g.  read -p "Enter the voice file you want to use, e.g. en-us:
>> " voice Currently I just set it to en-us by default which means the person who
>> uses it would have to edit the systemd file to change it.  Thanks Storm
>>
>Did you create the service file for it?  If so, then you could just make it
>something like espeakup at .service and then just put a "%I" in the ExecStart
>command where the voice/language would typically go.  That way the user could
>enable something like espeakup at en-sc.service.
>
>If it is an upstream provided service file, then you might just want to put a
>postinstall note that this needs to be set.
>
>--
>Curtis Shimamoto
>sugar.and.scruffy [at] gmail.com

Registered Linux user number 508465: https://linuxcounter.net/user/508465.html
My blog, Thoughts of a Dragon: http://www.stormdragon.us/
How many Internet mail list subscribers does it take to change a lightbulb? http://goo.gl/eO4PJ
"The leather armies have prevailed, the Phantom Lord has never failed. Smoke is lifting from the ground, the rising volume metal sound."
Metallica - Phantom Lord