[aur-general] Merge request python-pyside into pyside

Jerome Leclanche adys.wh at gmail.com
Sun Sep 1 22:38:01 EDT 2013

It goes both ways; plenty of python- libs install binaries as
well (eg. python-docutils installs a bunch of rst2* binaries). My
python-bna <https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/python-bna/> battle net
authenticator library installs a command line authenticator as well.

But packages like youtube-dl or namcap don't have provide an
"official" api; they just happen to be python apps that import
themselves.

Then again, python-pip's main purpose is the "pip" binary. So in that
way, I guess arch is inconsistent. And python-pip / youtube-dl operate
the same way, by importing and loading themselves:

[3:35:37] adys at azura ~ % cat /usr/bin/pip
#!/usr/bin/python
# EASY-INSTALL-ENTRY-SCRIPT: 'pip==1.4.1','console_scripts','pip'
__requires__ = 'pip==1.4.1'
import sys
from pkg_resources import load_entry_point

if __name__ == '__main__':
    sys.exit(
        load_entry_point('pip==1.4.1', 'console_scripts', 'pip')()
    )

[3:36:44] adys at azura ~ % cat /usr/bin/youtube-dl
#!/usr/bin/python

import youtube_dl

if __name__ == '__main__':
    youtube_dl.main()