[aur-general] replacing packages with split packages: how to merge?

Lukas Fleischer archlinux at cryptocrack.de
Sat Aug 16 14:17:48 EDT 2014

On Sat, 16 Aug 2014 at 20:00:48, Xyne wrote:
> [...]
> At first I thought that the pkgbase could be uploaded without anything in the
> pkgnames array as a placeholder for merging, but that would lump all the votes
> into the pkgbase and not the individual packages.
>
> Am I missing something?

Votes are always only stored per package base. You cannot vote on a
package.

Note that it is also possible to merge two packages into another package
without having a transition period where the original packages are
unavailable [1].

[1] https://mailman.archlinux.org/pipermail/aur-general/2014-June/028631.html