[aur-general] AUR 3.3.0 released

Steven Honeyman stevenhoneyman at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 16:03:51 EDT 2014

On 9 July 2014 20:37, Bartłomiej Piotrowski <b at bpiotrowski.pl> wrote:
> Yes, I have accepted the request, then realized it's completely untrue
> and asked the maintainer to re-adopt it. Additionally I'm the one who
> flagged the package because, obviously, there is a newer release, not
> because it's broken. Do you really see the point in fixing compilation
> using clang when literally nothing in PKGBUILD references it? I do not.
>
> Please stop wasting time, either people's and yours.
>
> --
> Bartłomiej Piotrowski
> http://bpiotrowski.pl/

That makes less sense than falconandy's responses.

Firstly, musl 1.0.3 was released June 6th [1]. The AUR package was
updated to this version on June 7th [2]
- there is not a newer release, and 1.0.3 is still the current stable
version. So if you did flag as out of date, it's *you* wasting his
time.

As for your second point, that's as stupid as saying "literally
nothing in the linux kernel references <brand new laptop> so there's
no point in fixing drivers for it"

[1] http://git.musl-libc.org/cgit/musl/commit/?h=rs-1.0&id=30bd499ae1f62e9d2fad4282d42057083709e0eb
[2] http://pkgbuild.com/git/aur-mirror.git/commit/musl/PKGBUILD?id=5588dabbf0bc68b3fad59e4030a28f736ac4d8ca