[aur-general] AUR 3.3.0 released

Bartłomiej Piotrowski b at bpiotrowski.pl
Wed Jul 9 16:28:01 EDT 2014

On Wed, 9 Jul 2014 21:03:51 +0100
Steven Honeyman <stevenhoneyman at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 9 July 2014 20:37, Bartłomiej Piotrowski <b at bpiotrowski.pl> wrote:
> > Yes, I have accepted the request, then realized it's completely
> > untrue and asked the maintainer to re-adopt it. Additionally I'm
> > the one who flagged the package because, obviously, there is a
> > newer release, not because it's broken. Do you really see the point
> > in fixing compilation using clang when literally nothing in
> > PKGBUILD references it? I do not.
> >
> > Please stop wasting time, either people's and yours.
> >
> > --
> > Bartłomiej Piotrowski
> > http://bpiotrowski.pl/
>
> That makes less sense than falconandy's responses.
>
> Firstly, musl 1.0.3 was released June 6th [1]. The AUR package was
> updated to this version on June 7th [2]
> - there is not a newer release, and 1.0.3 is still the current stable
> version. So if you did flag as out of date, it's *you* wasting his
> time.
>
> As for your second point, that's as stupid as saying "literally
> nothing in the linux kernel references <brand new laptop> so there's
> no point in fixing drivers for it"
>
> [1]
> http://git.musl-libc.org/cgit/musl/commit/?h=rs-1.0&id=30bd499ae1f62e9d2fad4282d42057083709e0eb
> [2]
> http://pkgbuild.com/git/aur-mirror.git/commit/musl/PKGBUILD?id=5588dabbf0bc68b3fad59e4030a28f736ac4d8ca

If only you were curious enough to actually use musl at least once it
would be clear to you that the branch naming scheme used by upstream is
at least misleading. Whatever you do 1.1.x is newer than 1.0 and in
many cases is more useful.

But sure, better whine about clang and make unrelated comparison to
developemnt of drivers in Linux kernel. Good luck, you are going to
need it a lot.

--
Bartłomiej Piotrowski
http://bpiotrowski.pl/