[aur-general] Perl Upgrade, make test failures and you: The Hurt That Finds You First

WorMzy Tykashi wormzy.tykashi at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 04:56:07 EDT 2014

On 9 June 2014 21:53, John D Jones III <unixgeek1972 at gmail.com> wrote:
> All:
> In my quest to begin getting my packages updated for the recent Perl 5.20
> release. I have run into a number of problems with tests failing on most of
> the pkgbuilds, even stable pkgbuilds like perl-moose or perl-moo. These test
> errors primarily smell like this:

Hi,

You've probably thought of this, but have you checked your hardware is
okay? If I was experiencing the behaviour you describe, I'd leave a
memtest86+ going for several passes and see if it finds any faults.
Or is it generally accepted that perl's tests fail periodically for no
obvious reason?

Cheers,

WorMzy

P.S. Perl sucks.
(Everyone should have a good laugh every so often) :P