[aur-general] Information request about libnss-mysql

John WH Smith jwhsmith at englandmail.com
Sun Jun 29 14:38:21 EDT 2014

On 29/06/14 19:08, carstene1ns wrote:
> Am 29.06.2014 15:55, schrieb John WH Smith:> Hel
> The aur-mirror[2] reveals it was moved from the repositories to the AUR
> before 2011 and maintained by Judd Vinet and Dale Blount back in 2006.
> Both left Arch[3] some time ago.
> The comment by 'mortzu' on the package page corresponds to that
> commit[4], where the maintainer information were stripped.
> After that, somebody modernized the package[5], however, who that did is
> lost.
> I hope this helps as well. Now a little question: Why do you want to
> know who maintained it? There are no patches or anything.
>
> best regards,
> carstene1ns
>
> [1]:
> http://arch.carsten-teibes.de/aur-stuff/aur-cleanup-02-2014/packages_to_orphan.html#l
> [2]:
> http://pkgbuild.com/git/aur-mirror.git/commit/libnss-mysql/PKGBUILD?id=92a5777293550ed73544fd2322a38120810831c6
> [3]: https://www.archlinux.org/fellows/
> [4]:
> http://pkgbuild.com/git/aur-mirror.git/commit/libnss-mysql/PKGBUILD?id=1811ef056dc0febabf6982ea493441fb16504d08
> [5]:
> http://pkgbuild.com/git/aur-mirror.git/commit/libnss-mysql/PKGBUILD?id=503301b9e787202bc614b44cbd2ea3d9837b6804

I am currently looking for a solution to store UNIX users in a MySQL
database (virtual hosting).
The NSS module for MySQL got my attention, yet it has no active
community/team around it.

When I saw that the Arch package had been updated more recently, I
thought someone was working on it again.
Being a regular Arch user myself, the AUR seemed to me like a good place
to look for movement.
To be honest, I am very surprised that both libnss-mysql and nss-mysql
are such ghosts...

Thank you for your answers, I have the information I needed!
JWHS.